Relaxation Techniques, with your Mini's
Stress and anxiety have a huge impact on our children, and given the current pandemic, our children are becoming increasingly exposed to their effects.
Breathing and relaxation are great ways to help ease the tension they bring to our children.
There are many types of breathing exercises you can use for relaxation, and here are two of our favourites;
Basic Breathing Exercise
This breathing exercise aims to get your children breathing more deeply, and in return feeling more relaxed.
- Sit, stand or lie down so that you’re comfortable.
- Close your eyes.
- Count to five as you slowly breathe in through your nose.
- When you feel that your lungs are full, hold your breath while counting to five. If you can hold your breath a few seconds longer, try to do so. This is often the hardest part of the breathing exercise to start with.
- Now slowly breathe out through your mouth, again counting to five.
- Repeat this exercise another two times (three times in total).
- Return to your normal breathing pattern. If you still feel tense or anxious, do the exercise again.
Breathing and stretching exercise
Here’s a 10-second breathing exercise that combines breathing and stretching, it's a perfect technique to implore when your Mini Active's are wearing our incredibly comfortable leggings 😉
- Stand up straight. As you breathe in through your nose, raise your arms over your head and touch your palms together.
- As you release the breath through your mouth, turn the palms of your hands outwards.
- Slowly bring your arms down while stretching out your hands and fingers at the same time.